Tuesday, May 11, 2010

SEIZE THE MUSTARD




The Colbert Report writers do improv at UCB every other Thursday. Their show is called Seize the Mustard. On April 22nd, I went with a few other interns and it was amazing. My only exposure to improv before was theater class in middle and high school; where only a handful of the weirdest kids (this means me) in each class would run from their desk to interject usually what amounted to a sloppy pun. In Seize the Mustard however, they began with a story and built characters on the fly that were better than most in today's written comedies. One member at a time walked to center stage and told an anecdote, which would set off another to begin a new scene. The entire evening was much like a usual day at my internship -- most of what I remember is clouded by laughter and the best part was getting to talk to the writers once they finished.


The Funniest, Smartest People on the Planet

BONUS: Great Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment